- nounthe rate at which words are produced (as in speaking or typing)• Syn: ↑words per minute• Hypernyms: ↑rate
* * *abbreviationwords per minute
* * *words per minute.
* * *abbrevWords per minute
* * *wpm UK [ˌdʌb(ə)ljuː piː ˈem] US [ˌdʌb(ə)lju pi ˈem] abbreviationwords per minute: used for saying how fast someone can type
* * *wpm (no periods) or w.p.m.,words per minute: »
A very fast typist can do 80 wpm.
* * *abbr. words per minute (used after a number to indicate typing speed)
* * *abbrwords per minute
* * *wpm [wpm] abbreviationwords per minute
to type at 60 wpm
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
WpM — WpM … Deutsch Wörterbuch
wpm — words per minute; used to show how fast someone can type or do shorthand: • My typing speed is 60 wpm. * * * wpm UK US noun MEASURES ► ABBREVIATION for words per minute: used to show how fast someone can type: »An average professional typist can… … Financial and business terms
wpm — [ˌdʌbəlju: pi: ˈem] words per minute used to describe the speed at which someone can write using a ↑keyboard … Dictionary of contemporary English
wpm — abbreviation words per minute: used for saying how fast someone can type … Usage of the words and phrases in modern English
wpm — (words per minute) n. number of words that are processed in one minute (in typing, etc.) … English contemporary dictionary
wpm — ► ABBREVIATION ▪ words per minute (used after a number to indicate typing speed) … English terms dictionary
wpm — abbrev. words per minute … English World dictionary
WPM — words per minute … Military dictionary
WPM — abbreviation words per minute … New Collegiate Dictionary
wpm — words per minute. * * * … Universalium